Welcome to the Early Childhood Center at Maimonides School, where children aged 21 months - 5 years old experience a nurturing, joyful, Reggio-inspired education in a Modern Orthodox environment.
Rooted in Jewish values, our approach to learning features:
- A warm learning environment that celebrates the emerging potential and natural curiosity of each child.
- A nourishing experience that sets the stage for a life-long love of learning and discovery.
- A curriculum interwoven with love of Israel, Torah, and Hebrew language.
- A multi-sensory approach to understanding math, science, literacy, and Torah.
- A focus on Hebrew language that comes alive with parsha study, songs, storytelling, dramatic play, and Israeli teachers.
Our calendar is filled with celebrations of chagim, weekly Shabbat parties, and exciting theme days. Throughout the year we enjoy special visits from the older students at Maimonides.
We are privileged to have access to the full range of resources, facilities, and programs at Maimonides School, including the school nurse, Gateways specialists, and art teacher. We enjoy the use of the school gym, a fully-equipped kitchen, and our own playground.
We work together with our Kindergarten teachers throughout the year to make sure that by the end of the year, our four-year-olds are ready for a smooth transition to Kindergarten.
The child has
A hundred languages
A hundred hands
A hundred thoughts
A hundred ways of thinking
Of playing, of speaking
Ways of listening
Ways of marveling, of loving
A hundred joys
Of singing and understanding
A hundred worlds
A hundred worlds to dream.
-Loris Malaguzzi, founder of the Reggio Emilia approach